- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to make Pudina Sadham or Mint Rice South Indian Tamilnadu or Madras Style Recipe
Pudina Rice South Indian Madras Style Recipe
Prep time: 30 min
Cook time: 30 min
Ready in: 1 hour
Yields: Serves two people
- 3 table spoon Refined Oil
- 1 Cinnamon Stick, (cut in to pieces)
- 3 Cloves
- 3 Cardamom
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 3 Red chillies, (cut in to pieces)
- 1 table spoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Onion, (chopped)
- 1 bunch Mint leaves, (grind in to juice adding 1/4 litter water)
- 2-3 tea spoon Salt
- 1 tea spoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 kg Basmathi rice/Jeera rice
- 2 table spoon ghee
- In the pressure cooker pour the oil. When it is hot put the given quantity of Cinnamon Stick, Cloves, Cardamom, Bay Leaf, and red chilies one by one and fry for few minutes.
- In the same cooker put the ginger garlic paste and onions.Fry the onions till it becomes golden brown.
- When the onions are fried put the drained rice in to the cooker and fry for a minute.
- Now pour the mint juice in to the cooker.
- Add salt and garam masala powder with the ingredients and mix well.
- Close the lid and allow them to give 3-4 whistle. When it is done switch of the flame.
- When the pressure gets released open the lid and pour ghee on the rice and mix well.
- Serve hot with raita or any gravy.