Pumpkin Kefir Pancakes
Makes about 30 three inch pancakes.
Pancakes - It's what's for breakfast!
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups kefir
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- olive oil
- In large mixer bowl with flat beater attachment or a large mixing bowl with whisk, thoroughly combine eggs, kefir, pumpkin & vanilla. Season griddle with olive oil and bring to medium-low heat. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, maple sugar, baking soda & pumpkin pie spice. Mix dry ingredients into liquid ingredients until lumps disappear.
- Using a large cookie dough scoop or 1/3 cup, fill 3/4 with batter & drop onto heated, seasoned griddle. When bubbles appear, flip with metal spatula. Once golden brown on both sides, remove pancakes & place on wire rack. Serve warm with butter, at room temperature, and maple syrup.
© 2015 Molly Brose