- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe
Pumpkin Pancakes for Kids
Cooking from scratch is fun and rewarding, but when people are hungry and you need to make a quick and delicious breakfast, this pumpkin pancake recipe is easy to throw together. The pancakes turn out fluffy and hearty. Canned pumpkin and Bisquick contribute flavor and simplify this pumpkin pancake recipe. Garnish the pumpkin pancakes with edible facial features and the kids will be lining up for seconds.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin, (puree)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, (or 1/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp allspice)
- 2 cups Bisquick
- Measure out pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, eggs and spices into a large bowl and mix it together.
- Add Bisquick to the wet ingredients until thoroughly mixed. The batter will be thick, but hold yourself back and do not thin it out with milk or oil if you want thick and fluffy pancakes.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to spoon 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto a hot, buttered skillet. Spread the batter out with the bottom of the measuring cup to make 4" circles. Add a little dollop of batter at the top of each circle to make pumpkin stems if you have already had coffee and are feeling creative.
- Garnish pancakes to make fun jack-o-lantern facial features. Try using chocolate chips, raisins, craisins, nuts, and triangular slabs of butter.