- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Pies & Tarts
Pumpkin Spice Pie
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Pie Crust for Savory, Custard, and Fruit Pies
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon sugar 1 Cup of Butter (2 sticks), very cold
- In a food processor, blend flour with butter (should be cold but not frozen).
- Remove and fold butter in dough.
- Pour ice water ( not frozen ice cubes) in the dough till' it doesn't stick to hands.
- Place it in the freezer for 15 minutes in a pie plate.
- Preheat crust for 20 minutes on 250 degrees.
- 1 can (15 oz) Pumpkin, Puree
- 1 can (12 oz) Evaporated Milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Ginger, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon Cloves, ground
- 1- 9 inch unbaked homemade pie shell, or commercially frozen deep dish pie shell
- Mix Pumpkin, milk, eggs in a medium size bowl
- Add sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- After pie crust has cooled from preheating, add the mixture in the pie crust.
- Put in oven for 20 minutes then, reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes.
|Serving size: 8|
|Calories from Fat||99|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 11 g||17%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 40 g||13%|
|Sugar 25 g|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 70 mg||23%|
|Sodium 350 mg||15%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|