- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Punjabi Chicken Masala
Each and every country has their own traditional foods. The way of cooking and their tools are very different in village areas.The traditional foods of other countries is same, but the ingredients and way of cooking is different. This is a gravy type chicken curry made in home. It is suitable with chappathi, nan, roti and rice.
- 1 Chicken, (Cut into small pieces)
- 3 Onion
- 10 Cloves Garlic
- 3 Teaspoons Chilly powder
- 3 Teaspoons Coriander powder
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin seed
- 2 Teaspoons Grated coconut
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 20 Cashew nuts
- 1 ½ Tomato, Chopped
- 2 Pieces Ginger
- 6 Cardamom
- 6 Cloves
- 1 Cup Curd
- 1 ½ Cup Dalda
- Mix garlic paste with curd. Chop ginger into small pieces.
- Mix coconut and soaked cashew nuts together grind like a paste.
- Along with chilly powder, coriander powder and cumin seeds, grind 1 onion very well.
- Chop the existing onions and set aside.
- Heat dalda in a pan, add sugar and sauté.
- When sugar become brown, add cloves, cardamom, onion and sauté until well-browned. Then add chopped ginger, turmeric powder, grinded masala mixture and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add pasted garlic-curd mixture in it. When the water is dry and oil comes from the mixture, add the chopped tomato and sauté.
- Add chicken and coconut-cashew nut mixture and sauté well.
- The mixture becomes dry or sauté well, add salt and 1 ½ cup water.
- Cover the pan and cook the chicken in very low flame.
- When the gravy become thick, remove from heat.
- Serve hot with rice or bread.