- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Quiche Easy Bake Cheese Pie
Quiche Easy Bake
Quiche made easy
Quiche is a delicious snack or meal. What is quiche? It is a egg based pie with crust. A one dish meal if you prefer. There are endless things that you might put into your Quiche besides the eggs, heavy cream and cheese, those are the basics.
Quiche was known as a french dish which is very tasty to all. The French version was usually made much thinner than we might make it now. A nine inch pie shell can be used or a traditional Quiche pan, which is thinner.
We often shy away from things that might sound or look to complicated. Quiche takes very little time to prepare. The most time needed is when preparing your crust for the filling.
- 1 pie shell or Quiche shell, frozen
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 cup Gruyere or Swiss cheese, shredded
- 6 pieces sliced bacon (optional), fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup onions (optional), chopped sauteed
- dash nutmeg, ground
- dash mace, ground
- dash salt
- dash black pepper, ground
How to assemble
- Defrost your pie shell and place parchment paper to cover the bottom of pie shell. Add dry beans to keep the crust flat.
- Bake at 350 degrees to 10-15 minutes.
- Remove shell from oven and remove parchment paper and dry beans.
- Bake again at 350 degrees until lightly browned. 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place bacon crispy (crumbled) into the bottom of pie shell. Add sauteed onions and then sprinkle cheese over all.
- Mix half and half with the eggs and spices and beat until smooth. .
- Pour this mixture into pie shell. (Do not overfill). Leave a little space for expansion.
- Bake for 30 to 50 minutes or until done. Pierce with a knife, if the knife comes out clean your Quiche is ready.
- Serve with a salad or pair it with whatever you like.
Quiche with your choice
Quiche is a dish that you might add your favorite foods to. You might consider shrimp or mushrooms, there are so many options. You do not have to add the onions or bacon.
The egg and the cream along with the cheese is the base.You might want to serve your Quiche as a side dish, that is okay also.
If you have to prepare a veggie dish, leave out the bacon, this is perfect. just use your imagination and taste buds.
More about Quiche
- Spinach Quiche Recipes: Quick And Easy Healthy Recipe For Spinach Quiche
Quiche made with Spinach