- Food and Cooking
Quick Crawfish Etouffee
A Meal In Minutes
This quick version of a Cajun classic is a
welcome addition to anyone weeknight repertoire.
Condensed soup takes the place of the traditional
Preparation time: 12 mins
Cooking time: 14 mins
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup chopped peeled onion
- 1 cup chopped seeded green bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound crayfish tail meat
- 1 can (10.75-oz.) condensed cream of celery soup
- ½ cup chicken broth
- /4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet
- over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, add onion,
- green bell pepper, celery and garlic and
- saute until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in crayfish, soup, chicken broth,
- parsley, salt, hot pepper sauce and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve warm over rice.
She Cooks Crawfish Etouffee
Fit For A King
Serve a light Salad
If you enjoy a light salad before your meal a spinach salad is a great way to go.
- 6 cups bite-size pieces spinach, washed and dried
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup unflavored yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Minced parsley
- 1 tsp. Minced chives
- ¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tsp. Lemon juice
- Combine spinach, onion, celery and eggs in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Taste and correct seasonings. Chill.
- Drizzle dressing over spinach; toss lightly.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.