Quick Mexican Dinner Recipe: 3 Bean Salsa Nachos Rancheros with Beef
Cheddar Cheese Nachos Rancheros with Beef
Every now and again we get a hankering for Nachos Rancheros. I usually use fresh ingredients, but generally use a picante salsa in a jar. While shopping at Target, I discovered Archer Farms has a three bean salsa that I never tried. I decided to make nachos rancheros and use the three bean salsa in the beef mixture. I must say the flavor was so good, we did it again the following night.
3 Bean Beef Nachos Rancheros
- 1/2 pound lean beef, Pan browned
- 4 diced spring onions, Pan browned w/beef
- 1/2 can sliced small black olives
- 20 round Calidad Tortilla Chips
- desired amount Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese in bag
- 1/2 jar Archer Farms 3 Bean Salsa
- dollup sour cream
- 1 diced jalapeno
- Brown lean beef 85/15 with spring onions in pan on top of stove. The lean beef will not need to be drained. Cook through but do not burn. Turn off burner and cover to keep warm when finished.
- While beef is browning, put chips in an oven safe bowl, cover with desired amount of cheddar and pour black olives on top. Put under broiler on low to melt the cheese. This only takes a minute or two. Do not walk away from oven, it will burn very easily. Take out of oven as soon as melted.
- While chips and cheese are under broiler, pour 1/2 jar of salsa into the beef and turn with a spatula until blended, re-cover to warm to enhance the flavor.
- When chips come out of oven, pour the prepared beef-salsa mixture over the chips and sprinkle with the remaining Mexican Cheese.
- Dollup with sour cream and fresh jalapeno, if so desired.
Cut the size down if serving other foods
|Serving size: full plate/ 12 chips|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|