- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
'Home Made' Alfredo & Pesto Chicken Pizza
Everyone Loves Pizza
I love pizza but I do not eat those frozen pizzas - no matter how like delivery they claim to be - and sometimes I just don't want to go out or wait for delivery. On the other hand, making everything from scratch can use up a couple hours of prep time. If I have the time it is not a problem, but sometimes I just don't have the time.
My kids and I used to have calzone night. I'd make fresh dough, cook some sausage, and prep all the possible ingredients and we would gather in the kitchen and build our own calzones. It was a fun experience, but my kids are grown and I don't always have that kind of time any more.
Most grocery stores sell fresh pizza dough these days. I've bought it at Safeway, Whole Foods, and some regional chains. This recipe utilizes easy to find premade products to get that home made taste in a way anyone can do.
Which is better?
Red or White Sauce?
- 1 PKG Fresh Pizza Dough
- 1/2 Cup Alfredo Sauce
- 3 TBS Refrigerated Pesto Sauce
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Cup Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
- 1 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 TBS Butter
Heat the oven to 425 degrees - Note: If you use a convection oven you will need to reduce the cook time
Set the dough out on the counter to come to room temperature
Chop the garlic and melt with the butter
Shred the chicken - I use the breast meat, but you can use the breast, though, or a combination of the two
- Roll out the pizza dough - I have a Chicago style pizza pan that works great for this pizza - but you can use a flat pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Open Alfredo sauce and stir to ensure it is well mixed. Spread a coat on the pizza dough leaving a half inch plain dough around the edge. You can use more or less of the sauce depending on personal taste.
- Stir the pesto and dribble it on top of the Alfredo sauce randomly around the pizza.
- Brush the melted garlic butter around the bare edge of the dough.
- Sprinkle most of the mozzarella cheese on the pizza - reserving a little to sprinkle on top at the end.
- Sprinkle most of the Italian cheese over the pizza - once again reserving a little to sprinkle on top of the end.
- Sprinkle rotisserie chicken over the pizza.
- Top with the reserved cheese and sprinkle a little more of the Alfredo and Pesto sauces on top as well.
- Put the pizza in the pre-heated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes depending on oven
- Remove pizza from the oven and slice in 8-12 slices.
- Serve with a nice side salad.