Quick Homemade Recipe: Tomato & Mozzarella Salad with Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette
Photo Source: http://cookingwithmjshow.blogspot.com/
- 2 Large Red Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Pack Fresh Mozzarella (log style)
- 2 Slices Cooked Ham (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Large Red Onion, chopped
- 3 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Parsley Flakes
- Basil Leaves (optional)
- Slice tomatoes and mozzarella into half-inch thick rounds.
- (Optional) Cut ham to fit on top of each tomato piece.
- On a large plate, arrange tomatoes, with ham and mozzarella on top of each piece. Set aside.
- In a small non-stick pan, heat olive oil on medium/medium-high.
- Add minced garlic and red onions.
- When onions start to soften, add sugar and reduce to low heat.
- Stir and let the onions caramelize a little.
- Add balsamic vinegar and adjust heat to let simmer.
- Turn off heat, then pour dressing over tomatoes, ham and mozzarella.
- Top with fresh basil (optional) and parsley flakes.