- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Quick Loose Hamburg Tomato Sauce
Loose Hamburg Tomato Sauce
This can be made with your choice of pasta or even rice. My mother made this sauce for rice, only after you cook the rice add a handful of grating cheese and an egg and stir it while it's still hot so the egg gets cooked. Then mix it with the hamburg sauce. That was one of my favorite meals when I was a kid. You can also add mushrooms or leave out the garlic if you don't like it. Spaghetti sauce is very personal, you can add ingredients or leave out certain ingredients like an herb you don't like or are allergic to. Bon A Petite!
Photo for Loose Hamburg Sauce
Loose Hamburg Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 or 3 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 jar Your favorite tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 tsp. if dried
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, finely chopped or 1/2 tspn. if dried
- 1 1/2 lbs. hamburg
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- to taste grated Pecorino Romano grating cheese
- 1 lb. short pasta such as ziti, You could also use spaghetti
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the peppers, onion, garlic and tomatoes till tender, about 5 minutes. Add the hamburg and season with salt and pepper. Add your sauce and some grating cheese and sugar (only a pinch please).
- Cover and while that is simmering on medium heat; cook your pasta. Spaghetti is fine but I think a short pasta is best with this.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and put it in a bowl and mix as much sauce as you like. You can use less and put sauce in a gravy boat to be used on top in your dish. Top with a little grating cheese if you like. Enjoy!