South Indian Quick Recipe : Carrot Thoran (Indian Style Carrot Coconut Stir Fry)
Do you find this an easy recipe?
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 4 min
Ready in: 9 min
Yields: Serves 4
- Carrot - 250 gms (finely chopped)
- Big Onion - 1 No. (finely chopped)
- Coconut - 3 to 4 Tablespoon (grated)
- Green Chilli - 2 Nos. (slit into 2)
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Curry Leaves - 7 to 8 Nos.
- Coconut Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Salt - To Taste
- Heat a non stick pan and pour 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- When the oil is hot, put mustard seeds and allow them to splatter.
- Add the chopped onion, green chilli, curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped carrot.
- Add Salt to taste
- Cook for 2 minutes with lid on with medium flame.
- Now add the grated coconut, mix well and take out of the flame.