Quick Valentine's Chocolate Ganache
Extra creamy chocolate ganache
Wow ! Valentine's is once again upon us and chocolate will be overflowing. What an awesome thought! The 'food of the gods', will once again be available to be consumed at will. But if you are like me, you would rather be in control of what you are eating. Bonus is it will be a fraction of the cost of other like treats, so, why not make it.
Making chocolate ganache is extremely easy and so versatile you'll use this recipe over and over again for more reasons other than just Valentine's day.
The main ingredients for chocolate ganache of course are chocolate morsels and heavy whipped cream.
So, whip up this chocolate ganache favorite and enjoy this delicacy poured, dipped and as a creamy frosting used to cover cakes, cookies and other goodies like strawberries.
Added bonus - you can do this in the microwave or on the stove with the help of a homemade double boiler, (heat safe glass bowl placed over a pot of simmering hot water).
You will need:
1 (12 oz) pack of milk chocolate morsels (semisweet is also good)
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp vanilla
So making it goes like this if on the stove:
1. Fill a small pot half way with water. Simmer water on low heat. Place heat safe glass bowl on top of pot with cream inside.
2. Allow cream to heat up, place chocolate in bowl, when melted, stir until smooth.
3. Whisk in butter and vanilla.
4. Let stand 20 minutes.
5. Then with electric mixer beat at medium speed until soft peaks form about 2 to 3 minutes.
1. Put cream and morsels in microwave safe bowl at medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt.
2. Whisk until chocolate and cream mixture is smooth.
3. Whisk in butter and vanilla, let mixture stand for 20 minutes.
4. Then with an electric mixer beat at a medium speed for 2 or 3 minutes or until soft peaks form.
Makes about 2 cups. Full cooking time from prep to pleasure is approximately 20 minutes.
Enjoy this recipe and let me know how you used it!
- Ideas for chocolate
A place where you can learn the tricks of melted chocolate.
view quiz statistics