Delicious Baked Parmesan and Bread Crumb Chicken
We call this recipe Micky Chicken
This chicken recipe is a family favorite. It is named after a family member who made this recipe from a variation of another chicken recipe intended for summer picnics. But this recipe is best served hot right out of the oven. Everyone in the family loves it from my 1 yr old granddaughter to my 96 yr old grandmother.
- 2.5 to 3 lbs Chicken Tenderloins, Tenderloins are the best size. You can cut up breasts into tenderloin size pieces
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs, Italian flavored are best
- 2 Cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Stick Butter, Melted
- Mix the eggs and milk together in a bowl
- Combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in another bowl
- Dip the chicken pieces one by one into the egg mixture, then place in the bread crumb and parmesan cheese misture. Pat the bread crumbs onto all sides of the chicken and place on a baking sheet.
- Once all the chicken is on the baking sheet, drizzle the melted butter over each of the chicken pieces.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until pieces begin to brown.
Ways To Serve Micky Chicken
There are many different ways to serve this delicious Easy Bake Parmesan Chicken. We often serve it as the main dish for dinner. Often we use rice and green beans for side dishes. Sometimes we also add a dish of homemade mac-n-cheese. This chicken is delicious with mac-n-cheese.
We also like to serve it at family parties. The tenderloin size is perfect and it's easy to serve. It's so easy to make but tastes like a gourmet dish. We are often asked for the recipe so we decided to share it with everyone!
(Note: The original recipe called for drumsticks, and it had twice the parmesan cheese than the bread crumbs. The recipe said to bake it early and refrigerate and it's great for picnics. We prefer using 1/2 the parmesan and chicken breasts, and serving it hot!)