- Food and Cooking
Quick and Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Need an quick and easy dinner that everyone will love? Chicken Enchiladas are a great choice. You can add to this recipe or change it up to make your own dish. Prep time takes 5-10 minutes and cooking time is about 20 minutes. Make it all at once or it is also a great meal to prep in advance and reheat on a busy night and it makes great left overs if you make too much. In the summer when we have so much going on, we will occasionally make a couple of meals, get them oven ready and freeze them that way we can eat on the run the rest of the week but still have decent meals.
Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy!
- 2 Cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper, Green or red (we prefer green)
- 1 pkg (8oz) Cream Cheese, cubed
- 8 oz Salsa
- 8 flour tortillas, 6 inch
- 12 oz velveeta cheese spread, cubed or cut up
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Stir chicken, bell pepper, cream cheese and 1/2 of the salsa in a saucepan on low heat until cream cheese is melted. (you can use canned chicken but it's better with chicken breat that you cooked and set aside)
- Spoon 1/3 of the chicek mixture down the center of each tortillaand rolle them up. Place them seam side down in greased baking dish
- Stir the proccess cheese spread (Velveeta) and mil in saucepan on low heat until smooth, pour over tortillas and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20-25 min at 350 degrees until heated through and serve! top them with the remaining salsa.
- things I like to add in: cheddar cheese on the top, chopped onions. occasionally I add spinach (thawed from frozen package) but not too much- just enough to sneak it into the tummies of picky eaters!!