Quick and Easy Duck Fried Rice
It's the weekend and you're deciding what to eat. You take a look in the fridge to see what you have. Leftover meat? Check! Eggs? Check! Rice? Check! Some additional vegetables? Check! Don't feel like spending too much time making a meal? Check! Well, how about some fried rice? Yes!!
- 2 cups Rice
- Soya Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Black Pepper
- 1 cup Meat, chopped
- 1 medium-sized Carrot, chopped
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 3 Eggs, whipped up in a bowl
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- If you are not using leftover rice, cook 2 cups of rice in your rice cooker (or your preferred method of cooking rice).
- After the rice cooker has been on for 10 minutes (you can use that time to cut up your meat and other vegetables), turn on a wok to medium-heat and add some oil to the wok.
- Next add the garlic, along with the carrots. Let the carrots soften and then add your frozen corn. Push the vegetables to one side of the wok, and pour your egg mixture onto the other half to begin cooking.
- Once the egg has cooked through (it should be omelet-like when cooked), chop it up in the pan so that it is in smaller pieces. Mix the egg and vegetables together, and then add your already-cooked meat. Add some black pepper on top and toss through.
- By this time, your rice should be done cooking. Add your rice to the meat, egg, and vegetable mixture and start tossing. Pour sesame oil and soy sauce on top until rice is all coated (should turn a brown colour - this is approximately 1 tablespoon soya sauce and 1 tablespoon sesame oil but you can add more or less depending on how much flavour you are looking for). Continue to toss the fried rice together until evenly coated with sauces. Turn off heat and serve!
Ingredients for the Fried Rice
Cooking the Vegetables on One side, Eggs on the Other Side of the Wok
And there you have it, a super easy and tasty meal. A few notes:
- Vegetables - Feel free to add more or less vegetables of your choice. To make the dish more colourful, add frozen peas if you have some available. Add spring onions if you enjoy eating those and the flavour. Remove the carrots if you don't have any.
- Meat - I used left over duck meat that I had, but you can use any meat such as chicken or pork or beef to make your fried rice. Alternatively, if you don't have leftovers, dice up your raw meat into small pieces, and cook this in your wok FIRST to ensure it cooks through. Then add your vegetables and egg to cook next once you know your meat is cooked.
- I also like doubling the recipe sometimes so I can have some leftover fried rice as well.
As you can see, SO easy! Great quick meal to eat any day of the week and for any meal. Enjoy!