Quick and Easy Indian style Cookies - Nankhatai !!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 3 min
Ready in: 13 min
Yields: 20-25 pieces
- 1 cup - All purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup - Gram Flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoon - Semolina
- 1/2 cup - Castor Sugar
- 1/2 cup - Clarified Butter or melted butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp - Vanilla essence
- pinch of Salt
- Almond or Pistachio, for garnishing
- In a bowl Sieve- All-purpose flour, Gram flour, Semolina, Castor Sugar, Salt together.
- Now add unsalted melted butter or Clarified butter, Vanilla essence into the dry ingredients, and knead into a nice dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film & keep it in the refrigerator for 10 mins. (This step is totally optional)
- Now make small balls out of the dough (20-25 approx) and press them in the center to make a cookie shape. You can use a cookie cutter also.
- Place all the cookies on a plate and put it into Microwave at Highest power (varies for different Microwave ovens) for 2 mins.
- A delicious smell will come within 2 mins. Open the microwave and see if the cookies swelled up and turned light yellowish.
Keep the cookies for an additional 1 or 2 minutes if need be.
- Take out the cookies from Microwave. Cookies will be yellowish from upside and slightly brown from the bottom.
- Please remember these cookies will be too soft to touch, so at this moment you could put sliced almond or pistachio over the cookie and slightly press them into it.
- Now put the cookies aside in the same plate to cool down. Once the cookies cool down they will become perfect to be picked and eaten. Be patient ;)
- Yayy... Cookies are ready to be relished !!