- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Quick and Easy Kielbasa Quiche
I love quick and easy recipes, especially for the week nights when you return from work and don't want to start eating at 8pm at night! I also love recipes that make use of ingredients that you would more than likely have in your fridge or pantry. That's why this quiche recipe fit my requirements perfectly! With 10 minutes of prep time and 35 minutes of cook time, you'll have your dinner out in 45 minutes!
I've made this quiche using kielbasa because I had some left over from a previous meal that I made, but if you have any other left over meats in your fridge instead, feel free to substitute with that meat instead!
- 1 ready-made Deep Dish Pie Shell
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Cheese (cheddar, mozzarella etc.), grated
- 3 Mushrooms, sliced
- 200 grams Kielbasa, diced
- Black Pepper
- Dried-Oregano, optional
- Take your ready-made pie crust out of the freezer and ensure that it is sitting in room temperature while you are prepping your ingredients (the crusts typically ask that you let sit in room temperature for about 10 - 15 minutes). At the same time, pre-heat your oven to 365 degrees fahrenheit.
- Crack the 4 eggs in a bowl and whip together with the milk. Add pepper and oregano (optional) to the mixture.
- Add diced kielbasa, sliced mushrooms and grated cheese into the pie crust.
- Next, pour the egg mixture on top of the items in the pie crust. Once oven is pre-heated, pop the pie into the oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until the egg has cooked through and the pie crust is a golden brown. Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
There you have it! A super quick and easy meal :)
As mentioned before, you can substitute the kielbasa for any other left over meat you may have in your fridge. Also, you can substitute the mushrooms for other vegetables like diced zucchini or spinach. The cheese chosen for the recipe can also be cheddar, mozzarella, marble etc. - whatever cheese you may have available in your fridge that you think will go well with the quiche (just not something like cream cheese or blue cheese!)
Finally, I always like to serve an additional side to my dishes to make it a wholesome meal. For this meal, I chopped yam into thin slices (similar to frites), tossed them in olive oil in an oven-pan and cooked them in the oven at the same time as the quiche and they were both ready at the same time :) Saves money, time and energy!