Quick and Easy Lasagna
Simple and Easy
I am always coming up with creative ways to cook. I don't like following recipes. Usually I don't have the ingredients that are called for or they're just too complicated.
I love lasagna, but I have a thing about cottage cheese, I don't like it. So, I came up with a recipe of my own. I have used this recipe for years, my husband loves it. I used to make it for him when we were dating.
This a very simple and easy way to make lasagna.
- 8 to 10 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, browned
- 1 to 2 jars your favorite spaghetti/marinara sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese/or other, shredded
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Boil lasagna noodles until tender.
- Cook the hamburger meat until browned, drain and then blend with marinara sauce (salt and pepper to taste).
- Spray a 13x9 inch baking pan with olive oil or butter cooking spray.
- Start with a thin layer of sauce and layer in the following order: noodles, sauce mixture, a layer of each cheese, continue, finishing with a top layer of both cheeses.
- Place in heated oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese it melted and slightly brown.
If you don't prefer meat you can use fresh veggies instead. I usually use zucchini, squash, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms. Chop the veggies to any size you prefer and stir fry in olive oil until softened. Mix the veggies with the sauce and then proceed as directed.
This is a really yummy and easy recipe. Serve it with garlic bread and salad.