- Food and Cooking
Quick and Easy Made at Home Chili (Frito Pie)
This chili is tasty, yet mild enough for the kiddos. It is easy to make, and only takes about a half an hour.
- 1lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 pouch mcCormick (or other brand) chili seasoning
- 1 brown onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 bag fritos scoops (optional)
- Chop onions into small pieces (not diced).
- Remove core and seeds from the green pepper, and chop it into small pieces.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef, drain the grease.
- In a medium pot combine the chili seasoning packet, the ground beef, the pinto beans (undrained) the diced tomatoes (undrained), the pepper and onion.
- On high heat, bring the mixture to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 to 20 minutes (until veggies are well cooked), stirring frequently.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, cheese or sour cream. Eat with Frito's Scoops for a fun meal for the kids!