Quick and Easy Made at Home Chili (Frito Pie)
This chili is tasty, yet mild enough for the kiddos. It is easy to make, and only takes about a half an hour.
- 1lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 pouch mcCormick (or other brand) chili seasoning
- 1 brown onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 bag fritos scoops (optional)
- Chop onions into small pieces (not diced).
- Remove core and seeds from the green pepper, and chop it into small pieces.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef, drain the grease.
- In a medium pot combine the chili seasoning packet, the ground beef, the pinto beans (undrained) the diced tomatoes (undrained), the pepper and onion.
- On high heat, bring the mixture to a boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 to 20 minutes (until veggies are well cooked), stirring frequently.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, cheese or sour cream. Eat with Frito's Scoops for a fun meal for the kids!