- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Quick and Easy Breakfast Recipes: Avocado Omelet with Dried Cranberries
One of the popular breakfast foods is eggs. People eat them soft-boiled, hard-boiled, poached, sunny side up, over-easy, scrambled and in an omelet.
No matter how you eat your eggs I am sure you have not eaten or made eggs (whether scrambled or as an omelet) with avocado and dried cranberries. I had never eaten anything like it before and decided to make it. The dish turned out to be so delicious that I have been making it ever since, for myself and for others.
This recipe is takes under ten minutes of your time and is easy to prepare. If you want something different for breakfast then give it a try.
- 1 Avocado, (ripe)
- 2 Eggs
- Sea Salt
- Cooking Oil
- Handful Dried Cranberries
- Take the ripe avocado, wash it, cut it in half with a knife and remove the pit. Then take the avocado out with a spoon, place into a bowl, and mash it with a spoon or fork or a potato masher.
- Break two chicken eggs into the bowl with the mashed avocado and stir with a fork until the eggs and the avocado is mixed well.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and a handful of dried cranberries and mix again with a fork.
- Add cooking oil to a skillet and place on medium heat. Once the skillet is hot add the contents from the bowl into the skillet.
- Cook for a minute or so and flip it over with a spatula. Cook on the other side for a minute or so. When both sides are done remove from heat and serve.
- For the egg mixture to be scrambled just pour the contents from the bowl into the hot skillet and stir with a spatula until done. Add some toasted bread with butter on the side and some olives or sliced radish and you are ready to enjoy a delicious breakfast.
- Health Benefits and Culinary Uses of Avocado
Avocados are exotic fruits that have many health benefits and are widely used in salads, sandwiches, and other recipes.