Delicious Easy Shrimp Recipes
Health Benefits of Shrimp
- Because of the high content of highly unsaturated fats eating shrimp is believed to help lower blood cholesterol levels.
- Shrimp is high is protein and low in calories.
- Shrimp is a good source of calcium and phosphorus.
- Shrimp is a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids who are known for their anti-inflammatory effects and ability to prevent the formation of blood clots.
- It also improves the electrical properties of heart cells and protects against fatal abnormal heart rhythms
- Shrimp is an excellent source of selenium which has been shown to help inhibit cancer cell growth.
1 lbs small shrimp, cleaned, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp minced onion
3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
1tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise
1/2 tsp crazy mixed up salt
1 bag mixed salad greens
1 chopped tomato
1 cup chopped avocado
Mix shrimp with celery, onion, green pepper, lemon juice, mayonnaise and crazy mixed up salt.
Serve on bed of mixed lettuce greens and garnish with tomato and avocado.
Easy Grilled Shrimp
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp finely minced onion
1 tsp salt substitute
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cayenne
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 lb large shrimp, deveined, peeled, and cleaned
Mix garlic, onion, salt substitute, paprika, and cayenne.
Add oil and lemon juice and mix to form a paste.
Add shrimp, toss, cover, and marinate for 2 hours in refrigerator.
Preheat grill to high.
Grill shrimp for 2 minutes on each side.
Garnish with fresh lemon slices.
Shrimp and Spinach
1 bag fresh baby spinach leaves
5 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 lb large shrimp
Heat olive oil in large skillet and saute garlic until it begins to turn golden brown.
Add spinach and saute until it begin to wilt.
Remove spinach and set aside on serving dish.
Add shrimp to pan and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, until veins turn salmon pink.
Place shrimp on spinach and serve while warm.
Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich...That's that's about it. - Mykelti Williamson
Fun Facts and Trivia
- It is believed that there are over 300 different species of shrimp in existence.. every year.
- Over 1 billion pounds of shrimp is eaten in the U. S.
- There are three basic categories of shrimp: Cold water (northern), warm water (tropical) and southern (freshwater).are
- Each species of shrimp has its own distinct texture and taste.
- Thailand is the largest shrimp-exporting nation.
- Adult shrimp live mostly on the bottom of the ocean.
- The shrimp has three distinct body parts: head, thorax, and abdomen.
- There are about 5 billion pounds of shrimp produced per year.
- The female lay between 50,000 to 1 million eggs which hatch about 24 hours later.
- 80% of the shrimp eaten in the United States every year is eaten in restaurant.
- Commercial shrimp farming began in the late 1960's.
- Cold water shrimp are very small in size and do not need to be deveined.
- Shrimp is equally delicious hot or cold.
- About 12 days after hatching a shrimp is considered full grown.
- Japan imports about 25,000 tons of shrimp per year.
- Super-Speedy Shrimp Recipes (Low Fat, Low Calorie, L...
Tasty recipes for shrimp dishes ready in 15 minutes or less! Weight watchers point count included! Sweet & Sour Shrimp, Shrimp Fettuccine, and more!
- Shrimp Taco Recipe. How to Make Mexican Shrimp Tacos...
Shrimp tacos can be made in about 10 minutes, only call for a handfull of ingredients and are a perfect easy meal for one. They are also one of the best Mexican meals you'll ever make for yourself!
- Low Carb Recipes: Shrimp Salad
Shrimp is part of several of my low carb recipes. I also use shrimp in many of my quick and easy recipes. When steamed or boiled, shrimp is practically carb free, and I love the little suckers. When it comes...
- Thai Fried Shrimp Cakes Recipe
An easy recipe with instructions for Thai style fried shrimp cakes
- Pistol Shrimp - Facts On The Fascinating Pistol Shri...
All pistol shrimp have one (Or sometimes two) oversized claw that create a cavitation bubble as it snaps shut. There are over 500 hundred species of pistol shrimp documented thus far but only a handful that reach the marine aquarium hobby with any re