Milanesa de Pollo: How to Make Quick Mexican Fried Chicken Filets Recipe
In Mexico, chicken is a big deal, and they have vendors on almost every street corner that sell whole rotisserie chickens. Sure, you can buy a cooked chicken every night but, why would you if you knew a great chicken recipe that you can do yourself? Here is how to make a Mexican fried chicken filet (milanesa de pollo) that is super easy, super tasty and super quick.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 25 min
- Ready in: 30 min
- Yields: 6
- 6 Chicken Filets, white
- 2 tbs Canola Oil
- 3 tbs Pan Molida, bread crumbs
- 1/2tbs Salt
- Start out by placing the pan molida in a small bowl and add the salt, mix these 2 ingredients well.
- Next, put the oil in a medium sized pan and set the stove to medium high. Allow the oil to get hot.
- Now, take the chicken filets and place them one at a time on a plate. With your hands, grab dime sized pinches of the pan molida mix and pat it onto the chicken filet until completely covered on both sides.
- Once you have done this with each filet, then place the filets one at a time into the frying pan.
- Allow to cook on each side approximately 4 minutes or until golden brown and juice runs clear.
- Place cooked filets on a dish lined with paper towels, allow to cool slightly then, serve.
These chicken filets make a great main dish accompanied by rice or beans and warm tortillas. They are also great on a torta. (sandwich)