Easy Raw Noodles With Spicy Peanut Sauce
One thing I missed right off the bat when I started eating high raw was Pad Thai and all other forms of Asian noodle dishes. After playing around with these ingredients for a while, I found this perfect combination! My family, who eats SAD (standard American diet) even love it! It's both raw and vegan, but perfect for everybody!
It takes me less than 7 minutes to whip up. It's just a matter of measuring (or eye-balling once you're comfortable with it) a few ingredients and blending :)
It's like eating a cheat meal without cheating!
Ingredients - Raw Noodles
- 1 Package Kelp Noodles, cut into bite sized pieces
Ingredients - Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Raw Peanut Butter
- 1 Lime, Juice
- 1/4 Cup Raw Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Nama Shoyu, (See substitue)
- 1/4 Cup Onion, Or to taste
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes, (Optional) to taste
- (Raw Nama Shoyu Substitute) 1 lrg portabella+1 tbs sea salt + 2 C Water, Blend and strain, use 1/4 C
Ingredients - Toppings
- 1 Cup Sprouts
- 1 Tbsp Peanuts, Crushed
- Soak the kelp noodles in warm water while preparing the sauce
- Blend all the sauce ingredients together until smooth and creamy
- Rinse the kelp noodles and cut into bite sized pieces (it's easiest with kitchen scissors)
- Pour sauce on noodles, mix until all the noodles are covered, add toppings and enjoy :)
Kelp noodles are really low in calories (like...they literally have 0-5 calories for a whole bag.) Because of that, it's important to eat them with high nutrient, high calorie sauces so you don't accidentally starve your body (it's easier than you'd think). These noodles feel like an indulgence and they're wonderful for your body, tongue and, in turn, mind! It's like eating a "cheat meal" without cheating.