- Food and Cooking
Sweets Recipes; Rava Ladoo and Rava Kesari
Rava or semolina is normally used for making breakfast cereals, pasta and pudding. It is also used in making sweets because of its coarse and crispy nature.
Savoring homemade ladoo and kesari is really cherishing, isn’t it? What if the ladoo is made out of rava (semolina)? This brings a new taste to your mouth with the crispy rava being rolled into a ladoo.
- 1 cup Rava (semolina)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Clarified butter
- 1/4 cup Boiled milk
- 4 to 5 pods cardamom
- 5 to 6 cashew-nuts
- 5 to 6 raisins
- Rava and sugar both together are crushed in a mixer to form soft powder. Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cardamom pods have to be powdered and cashew nuts, raisins to be fried in clarified butter.
- Mix the garnishing ingredients with the mixture in the bowl. Heat the rest of the clarified butter gently and pour it into the mixture. This is to get hold in making ladoos while taking a handful of the mixture. Milk also can be used as a substitute for this.
These homemade rava ladoos are crispy, delicious and healthy. It takes very less time to prepare and you can serve your guests with much ease.
This is another mouth-watering dessert usually made in Indian homes during auspicious occasions. Rava kesari is also known as “Sheera”.
Prep time: 45 min. Ready in : 45 min
Yields a big plate.
- 1 cup Rava
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup or more Clarified butter
- a pinch Food color
- 5 to 6 Cardamom pods
- 5 to 6 Cashew nuts
- 5 to 6 Raisins
Rate these sweets please!!
1. Roast rava (semolina) in a ‘kadai’ or in a thick bottomed vessel till a mild aroma comes out spreading. Set aside.
2. Powder cardamom pods. Fry cashew nuts and raisins in clarified butter for garnishing.
3. Take 2 and ½ cups water and allow it to boil in the kadai. Add a pinch of food color and rava to it and stir well so that rava cooks well without forming any small thick lumps.
4. Add sugar to this mixture and stir well. Pour clarified butter to this content and stir well continuously. When the mixture comes separate out of the vessel, 'kesari' is obtained. Garnish it with the ingredients and transfer it to a greased plate. You can cut it into pieces to serve.
Kesari or Sheera is prepared as an offering to God in temples. It won’t take much time to prepare like the other sweets. I learned to prepare this from my mother who used to make several sweets. Sweets come out nice when she prepares with her lovely hands.
Which sweet of rava you like most?
- Indian dessert recipe: Seven cup cake
Seven cup cake is a delicious Indian dessert easier to make. All the ingredients are common and easily available in the market. The name ‘seven cup’ is derived from the fact that this dessert is prepared out of seven cups of ingredients exactly.
- Boli; the South Indian dessert recipe
Desserts are invariably a part of a large meal in any culture. Cakes, ice-creams, pastries, pies all attract everyone with their colorful flavor and lingering taste. Boli is a South Indian dessert usually prepared during special occasions and festiva
- The Most Delicious Indian Sweets / Desserts Recipes ...
Yummy Indian Desserts That You Will Surely Love!