- Food and Cooking
An easy recipe for a scrumptious dessert!
You will need:
- Water - about 15 fluid ounces or 400 ml
- Butter - about 6 ounces or 165 grams
- All-purpose flower - about 8 ounces or 230 grams
- Eggs - 3
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - about 1,2 ounces or 35 grams
- Ground cinnamon - a tablespoon
- Frying oil
- A cake decorators' tube with a large starshaped tip, or a pastry bag
Heat up the oil in a deep pan or frying pan until it's about 360 degrees F (185 degrees C).
Heat the water, butter and salt in a pan until it's boiling and the butter is melted. Add the flour and keep stirring until it's formed a ball. Now cook it one more minute and remove it from the heat. Beat the eggs and add them to the mixture. Stir until it's a smooth mixture.
Now add the mixture to your pastry bag or decorators' tube. Squeeze strips of dough into the hot oil (beware of splattering!). Fry the strips 2-3 minutes on each side, and drain them on paper towels.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon, and roll the churros through this mixture.
Optional: Melted Chocolate for Dunking
You will need:
- Dark chocolate - about 4 ounces or 120 grams
- Milk - 2 cups or 500 ml
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons
- Corn starch or another type of binding powder - 1 tablespoon
Put a pan of water on the fire and heat it until it's boiling. Take a bowl that fits on top of it and melt the chocolate in this bowl (au bain marie). Mix the milk with the sugar and corn starch. When the chocolate is almost completely melted, add half the milk. Stir until it's completely mixed, then add the other half and stirr again. Now keep stirring and heating until the mixture thickens. If it doesn't thicken after five minutes, add some more corn starch.
Pour the chocolate in cups or bowls and dunk your churros in it while they're still warm!