Recipe For Banana French Toast
I eat a banana each day and everyone in my family loves french toast. One day I decided to combine my daily fruit with this breakfast fave to see how it'd turn out. The result was found very satisfying, so I thought to share the recipe here.
Rate This Recipe
- 2 fully ripened bananas
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg, (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-8 slices of bread
- In medium sized bowl, mash the bananas well and stir until all large pieces have been broken up. Set to the side.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together with the spices and vanilla extract.Add the previously prepared banana mixture and the milk. Whisk until all ingredients have a well-blended appearance.
- Lightly grease a frying pan or skillet. Preheat your pan or skillet to a medium level of heat. Melt a little margarine or butter on the surface.
- Dip your slices of bread into the finished mixture (only dip long enough so the sides of bread are coated, not saturated!) Lay these on your pan. Cook one side of each slice until it has a slightly crispy texture. Turn the slice and cook the other side in the same way.
- Remove the french toast slices from heat and place on plate. Add a little butter and top with your favorite syrup. Garnish with slices of fruit and/or whipped cream if desired.
Never use green bananas for this recipe as the texture does not blend well with the other ingredients. Bananas are suitable when freckled with dark spots or at least have turned a uniform shade of yellow.
Contributed ©July 21, 2017 by Beth Perry