- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Recipe Fried Chicken.
Usually we do not fry chicken as a whole but in parts while we roast chicken as a whole. So you would find many places which would sell you whole roasted chicken while fried chicken would always be in parts. To fry chicken we either use lighter colored breasts or darker colored thighs. Usually we have to coat the chicken in some dry substance like flour to fry it. Usually we marinate the chicken in curd of butter milk and spices and salt before we use flour coating on the chicken. When we fry the chicken usually little liquid or chicken juices spreads over the flour and make it crispy and also help in its browning. Usually we use vegetable oil to fry the chicken as olive oil has too strong flavor and thus can mask taste and flavor of chicken.
Usually we use one of the three methods to fry the chicken
- Shallow fry: In this procedure we take very little oil in a pan and fry chicken on it. The chicken pieces are marinated, covered in flour and fried in a shallow pan with turning them over time and again.
- Deep fried: In this large quantity of oil is used, the chicken is drowned in oil to fry it. In this the chicken is crispier.
3. Breasting: In this pressure cooker is used to cook the chicken. In this very little oil is used.
- Chicken: 1.
- Vegetable oil: 1 cup.
- All purpose flour: 3 cups
- Freshly grounded black pepper: ½ Tsp.
- Salt: 1 tsp.
- Cut the chicken in to 8 pieces.
- Wash them thoroughly and if cannot be cleaned with water, use lime to clean it.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Now in a bowl put the chicken pieces and sprinkle sale and pepper.
- Refrigerate it for at least one hour.
- Take a plastic bag and put flour in it.
- Add refrigerated chicken pieces in it.
- Shake the bag well so all sides of chicken are coated by the flour.
- Take out the chicken pieces and shake off excess flour.
- Now in a deep pan add oil and put it on high heat or flame.
- When the oil boils, put chicken pieces in it one by one.
- Turn the heat to medium.
- Cook till the chicken has turned golden.
- Lower heat if chicken gets too dark; chicken should be cooked in 20 to 30 mins.
- Now on a plate put the absorbent paper.
- Take the chicken out of oil and put on absorbent paper.
- When the excess oil is drained from chicken, serve them hot.
More Tasty Recipes
- Fish Tikka Recipe
Sauce for fish, baked fish, recipe for fish, recipes for salmon, tuna recipes, baked salmon recipes, recipe for tilapia fish, fish cakes, grilled fish recipes, bakes fish recipes, salmon recipes, fish
- Bombay Potaoes Recipe.
This is very simple potato recipe & is used all over India & is basically a side dish but can be used as main dish too. It is very easy to make and makes any food very tasty. People carry this dish
- Prawns In Coconut Milk Recipe
Sea food is though not something we guys from New Delhi are used to but this is very popular in western coastal regions of India especially in state of Maharashtra. Being coastal area Prawn and coconut are in abundant supply there. One of very tasty
- Chicken Korma Recipe.
Chicken Korma is a very tasty dish from South of India and since it is from South India so it is full of calories. If you are not watching your weight then you should try this dish. Very tasty and this dish is little dry in consistency as compared to
- Mushroom Bhajji Recipe.
My personal favourite in vegetables is mushroom. Mushrooms are not only easy to digest but are very healthy. Here I am going to put one easy recipe of mushroom. Mushroom is easy to get and it got nice colour and texture and makes a very appealing dis
- Chicken Do Piaza Recipe
Chicken Do Piaza goes back to Mughal era of India. How did this dish got his name no one knows but it is thought that Mulla Do Piaza ( a minister in court of Great emperor Akbar) invented it but this looks like a myth because Mulla Do piaza was not a