Pork Loin Roast On The BBQ
Grilling a pork loin roast on the barbecue is quite easy to do. This is not a fancy recipe or one that requires any marinating or long preparation. You can follow these same instructions whether you are putting this boneless pork loin roast into your oven or cooking it on a gas barbecue grill. If you are doing this in the oven cook at 325°.
- Pork Loin Boneless Roast
- 3 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
- 4 carrots peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 large onion cut into sections
- Fresh ground pepper
- Garlic powder
Preparing the pork loin roast
- Preheat your grill turning on all the burners. This roast was cooked on a 3-burner gas grill.
- With a sharp knife carefully cut small slits into the roast and insert sliced garlic.
- In a roasting pan lay carrots so that the pork loin roast can sit on top of the carrots.
- Place the roast on top of the carrots and add onion sections to the roasting pan.
- Season the roast with fresh ground pepper and garlic powder.
- Add enough water to cover the carrots and onions.
Cooking on a Gas BBQ Grill
You will want to cook this using indirect heat. Once your grill is preheated to at least 400 degrees turn your middle burner off and turn your two side burners to low. Place the roasting pan in the center of your BBQ and close the lid. Cook until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 160. Once cooked remove from the grill and let it sit for about 5 – 10 minutes before carving.
I made potatoes which I put the on the grill at the same time that I did the roast.