- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Greek Salad Without Lettuce Recipe
No Lettuce No Problem
Do you ever get sick of eating lettuce? I do as practically every night we have a salad with dinner. Even when I make a pasta or potato salad or coleslaw my husband still wants a lettuce salad. Finally I found a salad to make that does not contain lettuce and it actually satisfied him.
This is basically a Greek Salad but the dressing is not authentic. I used sweet white onions rather than the red onions. I made this salad for dinner the other night to go with a pork recipe that I found here on HubPages along with brown rice and Mediterranean vegetables.
You will find the link for the pork recipe at the bottom of the page.
- 1 Field cucumber peeled and sliced
- 2 Large tomatoes chopped
- 1 White sweet onion
- ¼ cup of sliced black olives
- ½ Green pepper sliced
- Feta cheese cut into chunks
- Peperoncini Peppers
- 4 TBS Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBS Red wine vinegar
- 2 Large cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 Pinch of oregano
- 2 TBS Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Dash of hot pepper sauce
Instructions For Salad Dressing
- In a small bowl combine all the ingredients for the salad dressing and whisk.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a serving bowl combine onion slices, cucumber, tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese and green pepper slices.
- Add the salad dressing and toss. Add the peperoncini peppers to the top of the salad and serve.
More Salad Ideas
© 2011 Susan Zutautas