- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Recipe - Tuscan Bean Soup
A hearty bean soup that can be prepared in less than half an hour? Sounds good to me. How about I tell you how to make it?
This Tuscan bean soup is full of fibre, protein, and iron, making it a great family meal. The kids won't even know there's cabbage in it!
This soup doesn't freeze well, so try to finish the soup within a day or two of making it.
Please note that the cavolo nero leaves can be replaced with Savoy cabbage leaves.
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 250g cavalo nero cabbage leaves
- 400g cannellini beans
- salt and ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Pour the tomatoes into a large pan and add a can of cold water. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Roughly shred the cabbage leaves and add them to the pan. Partially cover the pan and simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans, add to the pan and warm through for a few minutes. Check and adjust the seasoning, then ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle each one with a little olive oil and serve.