Recipe - Warm Pancakes with Caramelised Pears
This quick and easy recipe is great for dessert, or for a particularly luxurious breakfast. It doesn't much matter what variety of pear you use for this recipe. However, William's are ideal.
- 8 pancakes, (already made)
- 30ml/2 tablespoons light muscavado sugar
- 50g butter
- 4 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and thickly sliced
- crème fraiche, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius/gas mark 2. Tightly wrap the pancakes in foil and place in the oven to warm through.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large frying pan and add the pears. Fry for 2-3 minutes, until the undersides are golden. Turn the pears over and sprinkle with sugar. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves and the pan juices become sticky.
- Remove the pancakes from oven and foil. Divide pears among them, placing them in one quarter. Fold each pancake in half over the filling, then into quarters and place two folded pancakes on each plate. Drizzle with pan juices and serve with crème fraiche.