Recipe for Methi Thepla , Indian Flat bread with Fenugreek Leaves - Easy to follow step by step Instructions
Indian Flat Bread with Fenugreek Leaves
Thepla - Indian Flat Bread with Fenugreek Leaves is a popular breakfast food in North-west India, especially Gujarat.
The tender bite and spicy taste of Thepla mixed with Aroma of Fenugreek leaves makes it a perfect breakfast food along with your morning Tea or Coffee.
The bread being light in diet and rich in nutrients makes it a healthy as well as tasty choice to jet start your day !!
If you want to try it, the Recipe is right here, you just need to follow the easy and simple steps.
- Two Cups Wheat Flour
- 1 Cup Fenugreek Leaves, Fresh
- 1/2 Cup Yogurt, a.k.a Curd
- Pinch of Asafoetida, a.k.a Hing (Optional)
- 1/4 Spoon Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Spoon Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Spoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Spoon Salt
- For Cooking Vegetable or Canola Oil, You can use any oil of your choice OR Fortified Butter
Easy to Follow Instrucitons
- Take Flour in a Mixing bowl and wash Fenugreek Leaves and add it to the Flour
- Mix well and Add hing, turmeric, coriander and chili powder.
- Add Salt, Curd and mix well.
- Add desirable quantity of water, slowly while mixing the Flour to form a smooth and well knead dough.
- Add very little Oil and again mix it well and form a smooth Dough. Leave it covered with a paper napkin for about 15 minutes (This will make your Bread soft and tender)
- Shape the kneaded dough into small circular balls and then flatten them in round shape using a Rolling Pin.
- Place the Flatten Dough on heating pan and add some oil and fry it well as show in the image.
- Wow your Flat bread is all ready to eat, you can eat it when ready or also store it in air tight container for future use. (Store in cool place)
|Serving size: 1 Cup|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 1 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|