- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Recipe for Palak Paneer
Palak means "Spinach". "Palak paneer" is a thick gravy of spinach with paneer cubes in it. It is a traditional dish of North Indians. It is one of my favorite dish. I usually prepare one nonveg. and one veg. dish for the guests and Palak Paneer is the veg. dish which I usually prefer.
- 1 Bunch Palak (Spinach)
- 4 small Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 3 Green chilli
- 1/2 cup Cashewnut
- 1/2 cup Cream
- Green food color, as per required
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt, to taste
- 250 gm Panner, small cubes
- Boil onion and tomato. Also boil Spinach and green chili together.
- Make a paste of boiled onion and ginger garlic paste(together) in a mixture. Also make a paste of boiled tomato and cashewnuts. And lastly make a paste of boiled Spinach and green chilli. So we have three paste with us now: onion, tomato, and Spinach
- Take oil in a pan. Put it on a gas stove. Now add the onion paste and saute it for 5 mins. Add tomato paste to it. After 2-3 mins add spinach paste. Finally add cream to it. Add salt to taste. (You can add green food color to give special color to it, but spinach itself will give good color)
- Add small cubes of paneer to it. Cook it for 2-3 mins. And you delicious Palak Paneer is Ready. And enjoy it with Indian Nan !!!
How was my recipe of Palak Paneer?
My other recipes for you to try!
- Recipe for Dal Fry: It is also called "Dal Tadka". Dal fry is a recipe which has got 5 different lentils in it. It is an Indian traditional Dish.