- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Recipe for Pancit Bihon & Canton Vegetable and Seafood Options
You Like Pancit?
Pancit - Filipino Noodles with Vegetables and Seafood
A very popular dish in the Philippines is called Pancit, the dish is served at most locations selling Filipino food and comes in a variety of flavors depending on the ingredients added to it. Its primary ingredient is the noodles which also are referred to as Pancit Bihon(white colored noodles) and Pancit Canton(yellow colored noodles), the Bihon is usually much thinner while the canton is a thicker noodle, both tend to be a little sticky. There are many flavors to choose when selecting a this dish in a restaurant or when prepping it at the house. A personal favorite is a combination of Vegetables & Seafood with the noodles. This is a Combination of seafood and veggies, which is good for the diet. Other versions can include chicken or pork or squid as the main additional ingredient besides the noodles. You can get the ingredients in Asian stores or in any grocery stores near you if you want to make this dish.
Pancit Noodles Vegetables and Seafood RecipesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Ingredients for a Vegetable & Seafood Pancit Canton or Bihon
1 package Vermicelli noodles(bihon)
1 package Pancit Canton
Carrots( cut into strips)
bok choy or cabbage(if you used bok choy, separate the stem in the leaves)
string beans or green beans(cut into strips)
shrimp(cut into cubes)
scallop(cut each in half)
salt and black pepper to taste
2-3 tablespoon of soy sauce
2-3 tablespoon of olive oil
red bell pepper cut into strips
red onion cut into strips
2 - 6 cloves garlic crushed and diced depending on your prefernece
green onions(separate the stem in the leaves)
1 chicken broth
Pancit Recipes and Noodles
Recipe Procedures for Making Filipino Pancit
1. Soak Vermicelli noodles(pancit bihon) and the pancit canton in a big bowl of water for at least 10-15 minutes, mix it thoroughly .
2. Dissolve one chicken broth in one cup of water.
3.. Heat up skillet or wok and sauté garlic, red onions and red bell peppers.
4. Add the veggies cook it for a few minutes. Then add chicken broth and let it boil. You can also add a cup or two of water, enough to cook the noodles.
5.Add the noodles blend it well with the veggies and cook for 3-5 more minutes until the noodles is soft and cooked and add soy sauce.
6. Garnish with green onions and the small slices bok choy leaves.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Remove from heat and place onto serving dish.
Filipino Related Hubpages
- Tasty Mango Float Dessert Filipino Dessert Recipe
Recipe and pictures of making a delicious dessert from the Philippines - Mango Float
- Halo Halo Filipino Dessert Recipe
Many Filipinos enjoy a delicious dessert called Halo-halo that is combined of many different ingredients.
- The Food in the Philippines Amazing Flavors
The foods in the Philippines are just awesome from big plates of roasted pork and rice to the sweetest mangoes and bananas. You will enjoy the hospitality and the amazing food throughout the islands of the Philippines.
- Coconut Salad
Philippines Fruit Salad - A Coconut Salad with Apples, Bananas, and Strawberries.
- Letchon Baboy - BBQ Roasted Pork in the Philippines
Roasting a whole pig is a great way to have a big meal with friends and family. The Filipino Letchon Baboy takes BBQ pork to the next level.