Potato Salad Recipe with No Mayo
Potato Salad Recipe without Mayonnaise
You can make this easy potato salad recipewithout mayonnaise. For those who love potato salad, why not try this tasty version the next time you want some potato salad. And why not try these purple potatoes that not only have purple skin but are purple on the inside as well. These little purple gems cost a bit more than regular white potatoes but offer many fine health benefits and are filled with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
After a test given to a group of people who consumed these potatoes for several months, these potatoes were found to lower blood pressure without any weight gain. What else can you ask for--you get potatoes you love with no guilt. These potatoes taste the same as their counterpart--the white potato. For those of you trying to cut back on the "whites" the potatoes work fine for all potato recipes. Any potatoes will work well in this recipe.
Some of the Ingredients for Potato Salad
Ingredients for Potato Salad
- 6 cups Chopped purple or other potatoes
- 2 Cups Chopped red peppers
- 1 Cup Chopped Celery
- 1 Cup each Sunflower Seeds and turkey bacon
- One-half cup Chopped green olives
- One-half cup Chopped red onion
- One-half cup Chopped fresh cilantro
- One cup Olive Oil
- One-quarter cup Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon each Oregano, Basil, Thyme
- 1 teaspoon each Garlic powder, cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
Purple Potato Salad
- Cut the potatoes in bite size pieces and put on a greased cookie sheet and bake until tender. Set the potatoes aside. Do not peel these potatoes.
- Make the dressing for the potato salad by combining olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and all spices together. Blend these ingredients in the blender until thoroughly mixed.
- Cook the turkey bacon in a frying pan until crispy. Drain the bacon and allow to cool. Crumble the bacon until the pieces are very small.
- Mix all the chopped vegetables including the olives and sunflower seeds together.
- Gently stir the cooled potatoes and vegetables together.
- Pour the dressing over the potato mixture and gently stir until all vegetables are blended thoroughly.
- Add crumbled bacon on top of the salad. Serve up the potato salad with your favorite barbecued meat and some crusty bread to finish off this easy potato salad recipe.
Potato Salad by SGBrown...Sounds really good
- Mustard Potato Salad Recipe - Southern Style
This mustard potato salad has a little twist of flavor by adding ranch dressing instead of mayo. My husband says it is the best potato salad he has ever eaten!