Pork Fried Rice & Chicken Chop Suey Recipes
Have a craving for Chinese food, but just want to relax at home? Don’t pick up that phone to order out just yet. Read my recipes below before deciding.
I made these two recipes the other night, as I was having a craving for Chinese food, and knew I had the ingredients to make what I wanted.
Cook Time For Pork Fried Rice
Pork Fried Rice
- 2 cups of Minute Rice uncooked
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked pork cut into small cubes
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- ¼ of a large green pepper
- 1 Tbs. of oil
- Soya Sauce
- Make Minute rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking chop the pork, onion, celery and green pepper.
- Once your rice is done heat oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add to the frying pan the vegetables and pork. Cook on high for about two minutes.
- Add rice and Soya Sauce and continue to cook another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Chop Suey Sue
- 4 chicken breasts
- 10 mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion cut into chunks
- ¼ of a large green pepper or more if you like
- 3 stalks of celery
- ¾ of a bag of Frozen Vegetables
- (I used Green Giant Japanese
- Stir Fry)
- Bean Sprouts I used a large bag
- ½ cup of chicken stock
- 1 Tsp. Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbs. of oil
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan and add the chicken breasts.
- Once they are cooked remove and cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- In your wok or frying pan sauté onion, celery, green pepper, and frozen vegetables.
- Cook until frozen vegetables are heated through. Add chicken stock, Soya sauce, chicken and gently mix to heat. Add bean sprouts, gently mix and cook just long enough to heat your bean sprouts.
I chopped all my vegetables at the same time for the above two dishes. Next time I make this I will add cornstarch to the Chicken Chop Suey recipe as I found it came out a bit watery but still tasted great. This was enough to feed four people.
Pineapple Stir-Fry Chicken
This is a great recipe using two chicken breasts, fresh pineapple, one green pepper, and an onion. Quick and very easy to make.
Beef Fried Rice
- Recipe Beef Fried Rice
Fast and easy to follow beef fried rice recipe. Eight ingredients for an entire meal.
© 2011 Susan Zutautas