Recipes for only on or two people
Cooking For One Or Two
I thought this hub would be useful for students, people who find themselves alone, and for the first time have to cook only for one or two. Most recipe's are geared towards feeding an 'army', but to cook for only one or two people can sometimes be more daunting, than cooking for 6 or more.
Other recipe's assume some basic knowledge of cooking techniques but I have assumed none as I wrote it specifically for people who knows nothing or little about cooking. Like Me! My husband is the gourmet cook in our house.
These recipe's explain the simple things that one is supposed to know by instinct, such as how to fry sausages, boil, or fry an egg. The majority of the meals are quick, easy and economical to make. Ideally for students.
I will add more from time to time.
Bona Petite !
Easy Welsh Rarebit (Cheese on Toast)
Serving Suggestions: Plain or topped with pickle, sliced tomato or crispy cooked bacon.
Preparation and cooking time: 5-10 minutes.
- 1-3 bacon rashers (optional)
- 1-2 tomatoes (optional)
- 2-3 oz (50-75g/2-3 slices) cheese
- 2-3 slices of bread (white or brown)
Butter for spreading
- 1tbsp pickle (optional)
- Heat the grill. Lightly grill the bacon (if used)
- Slice the tomatoes (if used)
- Slice the the cheese, making enough slices to cover the slice of bread.
- Toast the bread lightly on both sides and spread one side with butter.
- Arrange the slices of cheese on the buttered side of the toast and put under the grill for 1 to 2 minutes, until the cheese begins to bubble. Top with the tomato slices, bacon or pickle and return to the grill for another minute, to heat the topping and brown the cheese.
Eat at once