- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Vegetable Main & Side Dish Recipes
Light , Healty and Tasty : Roasted Red Pepper stuffed with Cottage Cheese
Roasted Red Pepper
We love Stuffed Vegetables
In my country one of the main meal is called "DOLMA" which means "STUFFED"
We love stuffed and wrapped vegetables.
All kinds of pepper, tomato, zucchini, dried eggplant are used to make "dolma" . Usually our main ingredient is meat and onion.
This is a hot meal. Yogurt is served usually with Stuffed meat vegetables.
If the vegetables are stuffed with rice and cooked with olive oil, they are served cold.
Cheese stuffed red bell pepper is an appetiser.
When we were kids, my mom like to prepare this healthy appetiser for us. Today I will write her recipe.
- 4 red bell peppers, cleaned
- 1 cup cottage cheese, mixed
- 1/3 cup white cheese, crushed
- a pinch thyme, dried
- 1/4 teacup olive oil, riviera
- After washing the peppers, remove the head and clean all the seeds.
- prepare your filling. Mix cottage cheese, white cheese with dried thyme, garlic and olive oil.
- using a small spoon stuff the peppers with cheese filling.
- Put the pepper in an oven bag and cook in the oven
Red Pepper is healthy
Red pepper iis a great source of the red-coloured carotenoid pigment, lycopene.Eating lycopene-containing foods lower the risk of prostate, pancreatic and cervical cancers.
Red peppers have notable levels of pyridoxine (vitamin B6), which plays an important role in brain function, plus antioxidant vitamins C and A.
Delicous meals with Red Pepper
Chop red pepper as julian and use them while cooking meat in stir - fly pan.
Baked eggs will be more tatsty with pepper.
You can use red pepper in salats.
|Serving size: 1 unit|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Cholesterol 5 mg||2%|
|Sodium 75 mg||3%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|