- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Red Velvet Pancakes
What They Are
My youngest sister has a love affair with red velvet cake, but with her 6 baby girls running around the house she never really has the time to make it. So I came up with this recipe for her. Now she can get her red velvet fix anytime she wants. These pancakes are best severed with the cream cheese topping but if it is to rich for you, you can top with powder sugar or anything you like. You can mix all the dry together and store in a air tight container busy morning add the wet to the mix, to save time.
My kids get a kick out seeing these red pancakes on there plate, for the holidays I like to make them into hearts, trees or egg shapes, and add candy or fruit on top of the cream cheese topping or let the kids top there own. It’s a fun away to spend breakfast together on the weekends.
My kids favorite Toppings
Cream cheese topping
try them all or mix and match to see what you like the best. Please comment and share if you have a new topping that is really good with it.
What You Need
- Topping Topping, Topping
- 1 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 c powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- Pancakes Mix
- 2 c Flour
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c Buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp red paste food color
- 1/4 c butter, melted
What You Do
- For Topping Mix cream cheese, Powder sugar, Lemon zest. and vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth. Thin with milk as needed to achieve a pourable consistency. Set aside.
- mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt together in a bowl until evenly blended.
- Beat the eggs in bowl. add in the buttermilk,vanilla extract, and food coloring. Stir in the flour mixture until moistened.
- add in the melted butter, and stir until the butter has incorporated but don't over mix. will be a bit lumpy.
- Heat oiled griddle over medium heat. Drop 1/4 c batter onto the griddle, and cook until bubbles form and the edges are dry. Flip, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with cream cheese topping or other topping you enjoy.
RED VELVET PANCAKES - HOTCAKES
My Favorite Pancake Cookbooks
My Other Recipes You Might Like
- Great variations for French toast
French toast remains a favorite breakfast choice of many, including myself. These are a few of my favorite ways to take this old classic comfort food and a new twist.
- Baked Oatmeal To-Go
A easy go to breakfast for those day when you just don't have time, or for a after new snack while hiking or after school. That your kids will love.
- How To Make Buttercream Roses
This is a step by step guide to making Buttercream roses.
- Peach Butter
A yummy and easy recipe for old fashion peach butter, and is grate way to use up your peaches, and keep them for a long time.