- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Stew Recipes
Red vs White Chili
I live in a divided house – 3 like Red Chili better while the other 3 prefer White Chicken Chili. It’s funny too the white chicken chili lovers HATE red chili while the red chili lovers will eat either one. The white chicken chili recipe is straight off the Bush’s Great Northern Beans label. I make it often and is fool proof. You can find the recipe on Bush's Website. The only twist for my family – we put white corn tortilla chips on the bottom. The red chili recipe I have to give credit to my mom she has always made it this way and I just followed her lead.
· 1 lb lean ground beef
· 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
· 1 can dark red kidney beans
· 1 can chili beans pinto (your choice medium or hot)
· 2 cans (14.5 oz.) tomatoes diced zesty chili style
· Chili powder to your personal taste (1-2 tablespoons)
· Sour cream (optional)
· Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Ø In large dutch oven, brown ground lean beef and onion, salt & pepper to taste, drain. Add undrained beans, tomatoes and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
Ø Garnish with cheese, sour cream if desired.
I usually make corn bread when we eat Red Chili but crackers, oyster crackers or corn chips (anyone remember Petro’s?) will taste great too.