- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Lasagna Recipe - Roasted Asparagus
Grandma’s Roasted Asparagus Lasagna
This is a tasty lasanga recipe from my grandma's wonderful collection. It is easy to prepare. While it isn't a traditional lasagna, everyone you serve it to will love this creamy version.
I've tried to find healthier alternatives to this recipe, like using non-fat milk or replacing olive oil cooking spray instead of actual oil. The lasagna doesn't take long to prepare, and the roasted asparagus adds a great flavor.
- 2 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 c. mushrooms, sliced
- cooking spray
- 2 tbs. butter
- 3 tbs. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Nutmeg, dash
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 9 lasagna noodles, cook and drain (or use ready to bake noodles)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¾ c. grated Parmesan
- Place asparagus and mushrooms in a shallow roasting pan. Lightly coat with some cooking/baking spray. Bake at 450˚ for 8-10 minutes, or until browned. Set vegetables aside. Reduce oven heat to 350˚.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. (Make sure you stir constantly to avoid lumps.)
- Bring milk mixture to a boil, cook and stir for another two minutes, or until thickened. Set milk mixture aside.
- Saute onion and garlic until tender. Remove from heat and add the asparagus and mushrooms.
- In a greased 13x9 baking dish, layer 3 noodles, 1/3 of vegetable mixture, 1/3 of white sauce, ½ cup mozzarella, ¼ c. Parmesan.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand for fifteen minutes before serving.