Roasted Chili-Lime Chicken
This yummy chicken, is a easy to make change to the traditional roasted chicken. You can turn up or down the heat by adding more or less hot peppers to it or is you do not like heat at all add mild peppers instead. you can also grill the chicken and baste it with the stock mix, and pook the peppers and onions in a pan if you would like, or cube everything and sever has kabobs, All are really good ways to make this chicken, and I know your family will love it.
What You Need
- 1 whole chicken, cleaned
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Serrano peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 Poblano pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1/2 c lime juice
- 1/2c chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4c brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground coriander
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree, place chicken in baking dish.
- In pot add oil mix stock, lime juice, salt, pepper, coriander, ginger and sugar in pot until it is at a simmer.
- pour ½ of the mix over the chicken and set the other ½ to the side.
- Add oil. Onion, garlic, and peppers to the baking pan with the chicken. Pour ¼ c of the reaming stock mix over the chicken and peppers cover with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- After a hour remove the foil a baste the chicken with ½ of the remaining stock mix. Recover and back another 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the foil and pour on remaining stock over the chick, Bake the chicken for another 20 minutes, or until chicken skin is brown and crisp.
- Sever with Rice and lemon wedges.