Roasted Vegetables Recipe
This recipe has a wonderful combination of vegetables. It contains mushrooms and onions. It contains green, red, orange, and yellow vegetables. Not only does this assortment make the recipe healthy and full of vitamins, but it is also a beautiful dish that is easy to present.
This recipe can be used as a main dish or a side dish. If you take this to a potluck, you will be sure to please a range of people, including vegetarians and vegans.
Best of all, aside from spending a few minutes to chop the vegetables, this recipe goes together in a snap!
- If you have fresh herbs on hand, use those in place of dried
- 8 oz mushrooms, halved
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 red potatoes, quartered
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell peppper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combine vinegar, oil, basil, rosemary, thyme, and garlic and mix well. Divide in half.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, sweet potato, potatoes, onion, and half of vinegar mixture. Stir until the vegetables are coated. Spread the vegetables onto one of the baking sheets and place in the oven. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring every ten minutes.
- While the first batch of vegetables are baking, add the remaining vegetables and the other half of the vinegar mixture to the bowl and stir until the vegetables are coated. Spread onto the second baking sheet. After the potato mixture has baked for about 20 minutes, add the second baking sheet to the oven. Bake for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring every ten minutes.
|Serving size: 1/8 of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 9 g|
|Carbohydrates 25 g||8%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 33 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|