- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Roasted Vegetables-A How-to for Simple but Flavorful Veggies
There are many ways to prepare vegetables, but roasting them is easy to do and they turn out delicious. If you haven't tried them this way yet, here some steps to get you on your way.
1. Wash them under cold, running water-use a vegetable brush if you have one. If you don't, a good rubbing with your fingers will do.
2. Preprare the vegetables: cut off tops, peel, seed, etc. (I prefer peels on for carrots and potatoes.) Cut into similar sizes.
3. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. (This can be set higher or lower if using the oven to cook other foods. I don't advise going below 350 degrees F or above 425 degrees F-roasting is better at high temperature but you don't want to scorch them.)
4. Put the vegetables on a baking sheet or in a rosting pan and drizzle with a little olive oil. Toss them with your hand to coat lightly. Now add seasoning as you like.( If you only have vegetable oil, use that. Cooking spray works in a pinch, too.)
5. Put the pan in the oven and check the vegetables in about 15 minutes. Roast until your preferred doneness. Enjoy!
Try different mixes of vegetables like bell pepper, garlic, tomato, and onion. Or carrots, turnips, and parsnips. Asparagus roasts well,too. There are many possibilities. Try what you like and try what you have never tried before. I think you'll agree, it's all good.