Rum Coconut Pie
- 4 cups flake coconut
- 1/3 cup butter or margaine, melted
- 2 small packages vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup amber rum
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 /1/2 cups cool whip, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups milk
1954 Jello Pudding Ad
- Combine 2 2/3 cups of the coconut with melted butter. Press evenly into an ungreased 9 inch pie pan to form a crust. Bake in 300 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool.
- Combine pudding mix ,milk, rum and nutmeg in bowl. Beat on low for one minute. Fold in Cool Whip and 2/3 cup of the coconut. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup coconut over the pudding mix in the pie pan. Chill for 2 hours.
- If you don’t like rum, just add an extra ½ milk, you could also substitute coconut cream pudding mix for the vanilla.