SHAHI CHICKEN KORMA
CHICKEN SHAHI KORMA (POTATO CHICKEN CURRY)
Chicken special Shahi Korma is the antique dish created in India before the centuries as its gravy is normally thick and aromatic consisting of potato and chicken. This cuisine (Korma) was exceedingly prominent, flavorful and spicy in Royal kitchens of the Mughal Emperors and Nawab dynasties. Foodies remain very crazy about its incomparable taste. It has now become not only compulsory but also an inevitable food that is specially selected on exceptional occasions such as weddings; memorable parties, as well as family, get together, etc. In addition, this is also cooked by way of different techniques in which beef, fish, and mutton are added. Although I have always been passionate about quality cooking, hence my grandmother taught me to make this traditional meal. I am highly glad to share this recipe with esteemed Hubpages:-
- Chicken 750 grams (7-8 pieces).
- Curd one and half cup.
- Onion 3-4 medium size, cut into thin slices.
- Potato 3-4 medium size (Cut into 4-6 pieces)
- Ginger garlic pastes one tablespoon.
- Red chili powder one tablespoon.
- Turmeric powder half teaspoon.
- Salt as per required taste.
- Hot spices half teaspoon.
- Cooking Oil one and half cup.
- Dried coconut half cup (Crushed).
- Sesame seeds one tablespoon.
- Almonds 18-20.
The above-mentioned three special ingredients make the gravy thick and creamy. These three dried spices are roasted separately, and subsequently, grind them in powder form.
- First of all, add cooking oil into a pan and heat it.
- Put potatoes into the above pan until it becomes yellowish and set aside.
- Add the sliced onion into oil and slightly roast till golden brown.
- Add fried onion, curd, and dried spices powder into grinder machine for fine paste.
- Include chicken into a cooking pot for frying purpose up-to 3 minutes, insert ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, include grinded paste and roast it slowly until the color of masala appears to be changed. Add potatoes, when both the chicken and potatoes are softened, add two cups of water and mix properly.
- Finally, sprinkle hot spices on the top of gravy and leave it for few minutes on low flame.
- Chicken Shahi Korma is ready to enjoy with boiled rice and Naan (Flatbread).