The Sicilian Swordfish is a second fish dish easy and quick to prepare, ideal for lunch and dinner every day. I called this preparation so because it contains all the scents and colors of Sicily. What do we need? Swordfish, tomato, oregano, capers and olives ... in short, a real explosion of taste! At the end of cooking, to give a touch of freshness, I embellished the swordfish with a few mint leaves, as they usually do in Sicily! This is a pan-fried fish recipe and is really done in 10 minutes on the clock ... fish should never be overcooked! You can replace swordfish by cooking all the fish you prefer: tuna, cod but also sea bream fillets are fine. Prepare it and let me know in the comments what you think, but I'm sure you'll love it!
- Cooking time: 10 min
- Ready in: 10 min
- Yield: 4
- 4 slices of swordfish (weight about 600g)
- 3 medium / large tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 10 black olives (green ones are fine too)
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 1 clove of garlic
- Oregano to taste
- Mint (can be substituted with parsley)
- Salt to taste.
- Olive oil to taste.
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan, then brown a clove of garlic. Now add the tomatoes cut into small cubes and brown them in the oil for a couple of minutes.
2. Now place the slices of swordfish (make sure that they are in direct contact with the bottom of the pan), then add all the other ingredients of the recipe, i.e. olives, desalted capers, a sprinkling of oregano and finally salt according to your own tastes. Those who prefer can also add a pinch of pepper or chilli. Brown the swordfish for a couple of minutes on both sides, then deglaze with the wine. Once the alcoholic part of the wine has evaporated, put the lid on and cook the fish for 5 minutes. After cooking, turn off the heat and perfume with fresh mint leaves.
You may be interested to read
- Baked apple fritters - Special food - Quick and easy
Baked apple fritters are a quick and easy recipe, tasty and light because they are baked in the oven.they do not contain gluten...
- Milk Toffee-Quick and Easy-Special Food-Ready in 45 minutes
Sri Lankan Milk toffee a toffee that all of us like as children like it. it takes a few ingredients also easy to make. let's start...
- easy italian bread recipe by hand (with eng subtitle) | ciabatta bread | bread with natural yeast -
In this video we prepare an easy italian bread recipe by hand (with english subtitle). It is also used to make bruschetta. Ingredients it takes: flour, sourd...
Here is the Sicilian swordfish served on the table. Eat it hot and make the shoe with its irresistible sauce... it's a real treat!
© 2020 special food