Green Gram (Mung Bean) Cucumber Salad
Raw Salads are Delicious and Nutrient-Rich
You can make salads in many ways with different vegetables and fruits. Mung beans and cucumber salad is one of the easy salads that need very little time to make. This salad has a cooling effect on your body. This is a delicious and healthy salad. This salad is called 'Hesaru Bele Kosumbari' in the Kannada language.
There are not many steps involved in making this salad. Normally people eat this salad at the beginning of the meal. You can also have this salad as an in-between meal snack. Don't serve it in large quantities at a time because it is filling. Serve 2-3 tablespoons salad per person.
- 1 cup mung beans or green gram, soaked in water for 3-4 hours
- 1 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut, grated
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 pinches hing/asafoetida powder
- 1/4 teaspoon or less sugar, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, for the tempering
- 1/2 teaspoon dehusked black gram split/urad dal, for the tempering
- 8 curry leaves, for the tempering
- 1 teaspoon ghee or oil, for the tempering
- 1/4 teaspoon or less turmeric powder
1. Wash green gram (mung beans). Soak it in the water for 2-3 hours. Drain the water. Collect mung beans in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the finely chopped cucumber, grated coconut, pomegranate seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, sugar, salt, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, and chopped chilies. Mix well. Check for taste. Adjust accordingly.
3. Now, it's time for tempering the salad. Heat ghee or oil in a small pan. Throw-in mustard seeds. Let them crackle. Add husked black lentil and curry leaves. Mix well. Saute until black lentil turns golden. Add the tempering to the salad. Mix it at the time of serving.
4. Green gram (mung bean) cucumber salad is ready to serve! Eat it anytime you desire. Enjoy! Store the leftover salad in the refrigerator. This salad remains fresh for a day in the refrigerator.
Other Similar Recipes
- Salad Recipes: Green Gram (Mung Bean) and Pomegranate Salad
A salad is an easy and quick recipe for eating as a mini-meal or as a side dish. It is a vegan recipe containing many nutrients. The ingredients used in the salad are normally raw and healthy.
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 2 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|