- Food and Cooking
How to Make Delicious Fresh Salsa
©copyright ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2012
Everyone will want to take some home!
Bring this salsa to the party and you will be leaving with an empty bowl! It's sure to be a winner!
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 bottles (16 oz each) italian dressing, preferred brand
- 2 teaspoons tumeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cans (11 oz each) shopeg corn, drained
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black eyed peas, drained
- 2 cans (7 oz each) chopped green chilis
- 2 cans (28 oz each) chopped tomotaoes, drained
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Place the Italian dressing into a large bowl. Add all canned ingredients, garlic and chopped onion. Stir and begin simmer process.
- Chop green onion and add to mixture with cayenne pepper, turmeric, salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly.
- Allow to marinate for a minimum of four hours in the refrigerator. Allowing to marinate overnight is best!
- Serve with tortilla chips!
*May substitute vidalia onion for red onion.
*May substitute 6 fresh chopped roma or preferred tomatoes for canned chopped tomatoes.